Tuesday 17 August 2010

Doughboys - When Up Turns To Down (2006)

It's saddening and fucked up that these guys don't get the recognition they deserve. And they're out since the early 90's for Christ's sake. I think it's just that they've had their own string of bad luck, from internal problems, to poor marketing but if you give them the chance they deserve you won't regret it.

I came across them a couple of years ago, this being the first EP that I heard, and I loved them right away from that first beautiful melodic rift of "When Up Turns To Down". It's a great EP to start off with, being that it's a sparse five tracks in length. And every track is lovely. Definitely one of the best bands to come out of the 90's, so give this album a listen and I can guarantee you'll be rummaging through the depths of the internet for more of their albums. My recommendation would definitely be to start with their earlier stuff. And of course, you trust your Dr. don't you?

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment